When I first was getting to know my good friend who would later become my Latvian host for a whopping 14 months she made these quick cheesy bread snacks. I loved them then and love them now.
They are easy and fast. filling and great to take along. You don’t need a recipe for these- so here is the process in photos.
- Layer a baking tray with slices of bread. As many as you think you and your family/friends will eat.
2. Grate cheese (any kind will do or a mix is even better) Grate at least 300-400 grams if you plan on doing a whole sheet of sandwiches. You will need more cheese or less cheese depending on how many slices of bread you are using.
3. Add eggs. I used 3 for this 9 slices of bread . Again it depends on how much cheese. You can also add chopped chives, or dill or a bit of mayo or other spices to this. Doctor it up the way your taste buds desire 🙂
4. Stir and spread on bread.
5. Bake in the oven on 180-200 degrees C (350-375 F)
6. Remove from oven when golden.
7. Enjoy !
Did you make this recipe?
How did you like it? How did you doctor yours up? Share in the comments 🙂