Ok, I LOVE chocolate. I admit it.
But I don’t like to overindulge- especially now- while pregnant. When I ran across this recipe I thought I’d give it a try. (I was skeptical). You know I BAKE a lot and true chocolate lovers don’t take fakes well.
But I was very nicely surprised by these. They are rich, fudgy, tasty and I feel so much less guilt eating them.
Because I am neither required to be gluten free or vegan I am changing the recipe a bit and added an egg to my second batch- to help them hold together a bit sooner.(as in not wanting to wait until they cool) I will get back to this post and tell you how that altaration went 🙂
I got this recipe HERE and have included it below with a few of my comment added.
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- Handful of carob chips ( I used chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a small cake/loaf pan (I used a bread pan with baking paper in it)
- On the stove, melt nut butter with maple syrup. ( I skipped this step and blended my mixture with my hand blender)
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Pour mixture into greased pan and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing.
These brownies are best when cooled completely. Store in fridge or freezer and ENJOY!
Check out the recipe HERE, and tell me if you made them and how you liked them 🙂