I wish I could remember and find the link where I printed this recipe out, but at present no luck. So if you know whose recipe this is then I give them ALL the credit because it is so delicious! And sorry no photos yet, we devoured it too fast for those 🙂
4 chicken breasts, cubed
2 T soy sauce
2 T cooking wine ( I used white wine)
1 T sesame seed oil ( I didn’t have it and used olive oil or some other oil on hand)
2 t. sugar
3 T cornstarch
6 T flour
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
Sauce: ( I doubled this for the meat portion because we like a lot of sauce)
2 T honey
2 T oyster sauce
2 T sweet chili sauce
4 T ketchup
4 T soy sauce
1/2 cup water
sesame seeds, toasted ( I used apx. 1/2 cup or more)
- Cut chicken in bite size pieces.
- Put chicken soy sauce, wine, oil, sugar in a bag or container and marinate for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Add oil to pan and heat till hot.
- Mix cornstarch, flour, salt and pepper in a bag or bowl and in batches coat chicken in this and then fry in oil until golden. (might need to whip up more of this)
- For sauce: Mix honey, oyster sauce, chili sauce, ketchup, soy sauce and water in pan.
- Bring to boil, then simmer until sauce begins to thicken.
- In the original instructions it says to pour sauce over chicken and toss and serve, but I threw the chicken into the sauce and heated it a bit more so it could blend and get a bit thicker.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve (or throw them in the sauce with the chicken like I did)
- Garnish with chopped green onion and serve with rice!